1/ Trout gravlax.
- Remove skin and debone trout.
- Marinate in salt and sugar for 12-18 hours subject to thickness. Rinse and dry trout.
- Slice trout into portions, roll in sesame seeds and lightly blowtorch.
2/ Squash cream
- Peel squash, remove insides.
- Boil squash in water.
- Drain and combine with cream.
- Season to taste and refrigerate.
3/ Crunchy vegetables
- Peel beetroot and carrot then finely slice.
- Rinse and slice radishes into ribbons.
Plate the dish your way, you can do it in advance and keep it in the fridge.
By Chef Vincent, Quai Cyrano
Chef Vincent’s tips
- Gravlax marinade (add a thin layer of salt/sugar marinade under the fillet and season with lemon zest and herbs)
- Put crunchy vegetables in very cold water to retain colour and crunch.
- Switch trout for salmon.