1/ Duck breast
- Prep and remove tendons from duck breast.
- Halve lengthwise.
- Score to cook better.
- Cook skin-side down first without any fat.
2/ Red wine sauce
- Finely chop shallot and cook in red wine and herbs (to taste: thyme, rosemary, sage etc.).
- Reduce on a low heat.
- Season to taste
3/ Woodland garnish
- Peel and finely slice potatoes. Cook in duck fat.
- Add pan-fried or pre-cooked ceps.
- Add chestnuts and keep warm.
- Garnish with your choice of fresh herbs.
Unleash your imagination. And enjoy!
By Chef Vincent, Quai Cyrano
- Add a square of chocolate to your red wine sauce to thicken it and give it more body.
- Clean your mushrooms with a brush instead of water to avoid them soaking up all the water if you’re using fresh mushrooms!