1/ Mushroom cream
- Clean mushrooms.
- Chop onion and sweat.
- Add button mushrooms and half the oyster mushrooms to cream, leave to reduce slowly, blend and season.
- Fry remaining oyster mushrooms in a drizzle of oil. Put to one side once cooked.
2/ Organic poached egg
- Poach eggs in boiling water one at a time for around 2 minutes (you can touch them and check the cooking time).
- Put to one side.
3/ Pan-fried foie gras
- Choose a deveined foie gras extra.
- Cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Quickly sear foie gras in a very hot pan.
- Toast bread and top with foie gras.
Add mushroom cream to a deep bowl followed by egg, mushrooms and pan-fried foie gras.
By Chef Vincent, Quai Cyrano
- For best results, add white wine vinegar to the water when poaching the egg so the white sets around the yolk or make a whirlpool before you add the egg.
- Clean your mushrooms with a brush instead of water to avoid them soaking up all the water.